Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 Good Things about Where I Live

OK - Angie my friend who lives in Maputo, Mozambique tagged me to come up with this list. It seems a good time to reflect on what I am thankful for about where I live. Here it is:



1. Freedom - to go where I wish, associate with anyone I want, attend organized church without fear of imprisionment.



2. Abundance - I can always buy food, clothing, necessities....they are everywhere and not rationed.



3. Opportunity - I can attain for myself all kinds of degrees, education, knowledge. With opportunity in learning comes opportunity in jobs/income.



4. Amenities - in Perrysburg I have access to great parks, Maumee River (only look, don't touch!), free concerts, great walking paths, gardens, library.



5. My house - very comfortable, great location, field in backyard (not crowded by neighbors), great sounds outside at night as I sleep with the windows open.



6. Shopping - grocery stores, Target, Michael's all close.



7. Eating - trivia: per capita Toledo has one of the highest restaurant:people ratios in the US! OK, I do complain no Tim Horton's or Chipolte within 5 miles, but you have to have goals, right?



8. Schools - kids get a great education in public school here.



9. Friends - I have great friends in the area.



10. Proximity to family - although an hour seems far away often, I realize many others would welcome that. So I am happy for what I have!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great list Kelley!

Hope your ankle is getting better and you are not in pain.

Blessings,
angie