Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WHY?

Just minutes after my last posting, literally minutes, I took a tumble at the driveway and broke my ankle! :( Today I re-read that posting and am filled again with that sense of happiness I had that day! It lifts my spirits on this day of confinment...day of looking outside at everyone going about their business and me sitting here with my ankle in a huge castboot and hurting! I ask 'Why?" What could be the purpose of this "grounding"? Well, I've learned that God is big enough for me to ask the question, but not always willing to give the answer at the time. Sometimes it's not until later I realize - "Oh, that's why it happened that way!" Sometimes I never find an answer. I have been contented to know that when I reach Heaven and stand before God, He will answer all my questions. But then one day I came to realize - IT WON'T MATTER! When I see Him and Jesus who loves me perfectly - the past will not mater anymore. I doubt I'll even remember what I was so perplexed by here on earth. Just to be with all those who love me and to be free to worship forever...it will be Heaven. So for now, I'll put the question to rest. Plan to do some positive things. Re-connect with friends by phone and email. Love my family. Watch Olympics. Read some of the great books on my table. And talk with the One who loves me even longer every day! Maybe those things are some of the answers to the question....WHY?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Job,The Just shall live by faith. God
Great posts Kelley. I enjoy reading them. Heal fast.
Uncle Bob

Angie said...

Hey! I love your blog. So sorry about your ankle. As far as reading material I would recommend anything by Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury, Angela Hunt, Cynthia Heald (non-fiction), Ted Dekker (if you like action). Everyone else has probably recommended those too.

Are you doing a Bible study right now? Do you read Beth Moore's Living Proof blog? They always have good stuff. Then Lifeway has a new blog with different writers called All Access.

I can't believe my Abby is growing up so fast. Your kids are so grown-up and beautiful. I know you are so proud of them.

Have fun enjoying some down time!

Anonymous said...

You have always been a great writer so it is no surprise you blog well too!
I enjoy reading your thoughts!
Hope your healing adventure brings many positives!
Sis